We expect to deprecate or remove the following features in the future. You shouldn't use them on new projects anymore. If you cannot find an alternative, get in touch - we may reconsider deprecation or be able to transfer the code out of WebHare to a separate module.
Remember to also keep an eye on the changelogs for past and current actual deprecations
- blexdev_forsmapi module is obsolete, use the Publisher Forms API
- socialite and google modules will be removed in the future
- we're still looking for a good solution for maps
- commonly used social APIs will probably be moved to system/webapi
- configuration should be done inside modules themselves (eg registry keys) and not rely on socialite databases to store it
- API key lookup for eg maps should be done using LookupAPIKey
- The searchobject API (consilio/lib/search.whlib) will be removed. You should use RunConsilioSearch instead
- <meta name="consilio-" /> may be deprecated. Where possible, use pagelists to provide additional fields
- Spidering by Consilio may be deprecated. Where possible, use pagelists to provide a list of pages to index.
Publication and templates
- template-v2.whlib is obsolete and slowly being fully replaced by <webdesign> functionality
- harescriptfile-v2.whlib and content listings shouldn't be used at all anymore - use custom or prebuilt file types
- EmbeddedObjectBase is obsolete - use WidgetBase
- And use <tabsextension> to implement the widget screen.
- <propertyeditor> in siteprofiles is obsolete - use <tabsextension>
- Everything using mod::wrd/lib/objectapi.whlib is obsolete. Use mod::wrd/lib/api.whlib for new code
- As an intermediate step, switch from ->GetTypeByTAG("XX") to ->^xx. Whether or not you're dealing with an old or new style WRD schema, ^ will give you a 'new style' WRDType object.