Creating a webdesign
explain webdesign basics (what is it, how to use it)
prerequisites: running webhare, configured ‘wh’ command, output server
Creating a module
wh module create [path/]<modulename>
Create and initialize the webdesign
wh module createwebdesign <modulename>:<webdesignname> <domainname>
domainname is used to create the namespace used inside the webdesign.
If domainname is “example.com” the first part of the namespace used in the webdesign will become: http://example.com/
Creating the website
Creating a website that uses the webdesign is done in the Publisher application.
- Start the WebHare publisher from the Start Menu
- Select the folder (or create new folder and select it) where you want your website.
- Select in ‘Menu’ option File > New > Website…
- The “New site” dialog is opened. You can now set:
- output URL;
- if the site is in a subfolder: subfolder in output URL. (default ‘/’)
- In the tab ‘Design’ select your previously created webdesign.
- Press ‘Ok’ to confirm settings.